Monday, September 24, 2007

The T-link on the sidebar

Check it out! nicecupofteaandasitdown is a great website with BISCUIT reviews! (for the Yanks: that means cookies.)

The British tradition of having tea with biscuits only amplifies the tea-drinking experience. It's a great site, recommended to me by a good friend--and of course I became addicted. I was in England at the time, so the reviews of the different biscuits were actually strictly relevant to my grocery shopping.

My favorite biscuit: ginger snaps! They go really well with tea. In England I used the McVities' Ginger Nuts, but in the US I buy the old-style type of ginger snap, they're less sugary and more gingery.

Another fave is Demitasse tea biscuits. I soon cooled on McVities' Digestives, even though I liked them for a bit--because they just felt too thick and buttery for me. But they're an essential installment for any British-style teatime.

Nowadays, though, we can be more modern and "chic" with our biscuit tastes--try Loacker vanilla or hazelnut wafers, Fig Newtons, or Alternative Baking Company's vegan cookies--available from co-ops or Trader Joe's, I believe. All go great with tea--sugary enough to be sweet, but not so sugary that they eclipse the taste of the tea. That's my major complaint with most biscuits.

And if you're REALLY looking to be healthy, have tea with an almond-and-raisin trail mix. It's like a variation on nutty coffee--with tea! Yum!

Ok, I'm done now. Enjoy!

No comments: